- Your home does NOT have to be spotless, but should be free of clutter on the floor, like toys, which may cause Father to trip or fall.
- A table should be prepared with a white cloth where an icon, a candle, a small bowl, holy water and a list of first names of everyone you want Father to pray for during the service for their health. If you do not have Holy Water, please let Father know and he will bring a bottle of for you to keep.
- If you have any small items, like crosses or icons, that you want blessed, place them on the table and let Father know.
- Turn off all radios and TVs. Take the phone off the hook during the short blessing service. Cell phones should be turned off. Just remember to place the phone back on the hook and turn on your cell phone at the end of the service.
- Close all doors to rooms you do not want Father to enter -- open all doors and turn the lights on in the home, otherwise.
- A family member should lead Father around the home during the blessing. Children may do this, girls or boys.
- If you have a pet, they may also receive a blessing, but please keep them under control to prevent them from jumping on Father or getting under his feet.
- I look forward to sharing this special blessing with you and your family. Many Years!!
Fr. Luke will be scheduling house blessings. Do not be afraid to call Father to schedule a time. Please keep your calendar open and flexible. Preparing your home for the blessing: