- Your home does NOT have to be spotless, but should be free of clutter on the floor, like toys, which may cause Father to trip or fall.
- A table should be prepared with a white cloth where an icon, a candle, a small bowl, holy water and a list of first names of everyone you want Father to pray for during the service for their health. If you do not have Holy Water, please let Father know and he will bring a bottle of for you to keep.
- If you have any small items, like crosses or icons, that you want blessed, place them on the table and let Father know.
- Turn off all radios and TVs. Take the phone off the hook during the short blessing service. Cell phones should be turned off. Just remember to place the phone back on the hook and turn on your cell phone at the end of the service.
- Close all doors to rooms you do not want Father to enter -- open all doors and turn the lights on in the home, otherwise.
- A family member should lead Father around the home during the blessing. Children may do this, girls or boys.
- If you have a pet, they may also receive a blessing, but please keep them under control to prevent them from jumping on Father or getting under his feet.
- I look forward to sharing this special blessing with you and your family. Many Years!!
This is the First of Three Announcements for our Annual Meeting which is set for Sunday, January 18. We have much to discuss. Please do your best to stay and participate. 2015 Parish Council Slate of Candidates President – Susan Sulich Vice President – Harry Fong Treasurer – Monika Mihaly Asst. Treasurer – Vida Bundra Secretary – Lorraine Fedyna Members at Large – Jeff Szymanowicz, Suad Behrend and Nick Fong If you would like to help your Church and run for an office, please let Harry Fong or Father Luke know of your interest.
Readers Schedule 1/11 – Paul Toaso 1/18 – Susan Sulich 1/25 – Harry Fong
Coffee Hour 1/4- Fedyna 1/11 – Molineaux 1/18 – OPEN 1/25 - OPEN
Church School Schedule
Sunday classes resumed this past Sunday, January 4 for the Elementary and middle school age students. And will continue on Sunday, January 18.
Teen classes resume Sunday, January 11.
Friday classes resume Friday, January 9 and will continue on Friday, January 23.
See Stasia Mihaly, Church School administrator, for details.
Readers Schedule 12/21 – Paul Sulich 12/25 – Nicholas Mihaly 12/28 – Susan Paltauf
Christmas Services Schedule
Wednesday, December 24, 9 AM Royal Hours
Wednesday, December 24, 5PM Holy Supper (covered dish) - Strict Fast
Wednesday, December 24, 7 PM Christmas Eve Services and the singing of Christmas Carols
Thursday, December 25, 10 AM Divine Liturgy – Nativity of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
Friday, December 26, 9 AM Divine Liturgy – Synaxis of the Mother of God
Sunday, December 28, 10 AM Divine Liturgy
Monday, December 29, 9:45 AM Deanery Youth Bowling Event in Fairfield, CT. This is open to all the youth of our parish regardless of age.
There is No Fasting from December 25 to January 4.
Readers Schedule 11/30 – Paul Toaso
Coffee Hour 12/7 – St. Nicholas Brunch
Christmas Services Schedule Continue reading Schedule of Services and Events for the Week of Nov 30-Dec 7, 2014
“When you sit down to eat, pray. When you eat bread, do so thanking Him for being so generous to you. If you drink wine, be mindful of Him who has given it to you for your pleasure and as a relief in sickness. When you dress, thank Him for His kindness in providing you with clothes. When you look at the sky and the beauty of the stars, throw yourself at God’s feet and adore Him who in His wisdom has arranged things in this way. Similarly, when the sun goes down and when it rises, when you are asleep or awake, give thanks to God, who created and arranged all things for your benefit, to have you know, love and praise their Creator.”– St. Basil the Great
Readers Schedule 11/30 – Paul Toaso
Coffee Hour 11/30 – Open 12/7 – St. Nicholas Brunch